[cfe-dev] Patch: reporting the full include graph for a C++ compilation unit

Lukács T. Berki lberki at google.com
Tue May 10 09:12:18 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>wrote:

> A couple of high-level questions:
>
> 1) Do you need to output *both* a make-style dependency file and the
> inclusion graph? One seems to be a superset of the other.

I think we will only need the inclusion graph.

> 2) Why did you move away from presumed locations? Those are what appear in
> the line table, and those are what would be preserved by the preprocessor.

Because this is how DependencyFile.cpp works. I assumed that that is the
"standard" way to go.

> 3) Why can't we share the code with the make-style dependency file output?
> You mention basing your escaping on theirs, but you've hand rolled your own
> code.

First, there is not much code to share (it's basically only PrintFilename()
that is common), second, the quoting is a bit different: I quote backslashes
which DependencyFile.cpp does not do (presumably because that's how GCC
works)