[cfe-dev] Clang for Windows and Boost

Larry Evans cppljevans at suddenlink.net
Thu Mar 17 09:37:09 PDT 2011

On 03/17/11 11:04, Edward Diener wrote:
> Thanks to the help I received I have been able to build clang for
> Windows both using MingW and VC++ 10. Are either, or both, of these
> builds stable, in that they can be used for building Boost and other 3rd
> party libraries ?
>
> If so, I am going to try to get some of the Boost Build experts to
> supply a toolset for clang under Windows so it can be used to build and
> test Boost libraries under Windows. Currently the clang toolset support
> in Boost works only under Linux as I understand it.
Hi Edward,

I had problems with using move and clang on linux:

  http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2011-February/013216.html

I also tried a workaround using the libcxx; however, that also had
problems:

  http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2011-February/013246.html

Hence, I don't think clang is usable on linux yet.

-Larry