[cfe-dev] CFRefCount Problem #1: Receiver Aliasing

Robert Purves listrp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 21:28:40 PDT 2011

On 23/08/2011, at 3:41 PM, Ted Kremenek wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2011, at 6:35 PM, Jordy Rose wrote:
>> On Aug 22, 2011, at 18:11, Robert Purves wrote:

> I hope this does not mean downgrading the static analyzer.
> It's extremely useful to find retain/release bugs simply by adding --analyze.

>> No, no.

>> I'm pretty sure RetainReleaseChecker will still be enabled by default, at least on Mac OS X.
>
> Indeed.  This checker isn't going away in any shape or form.  We're just refactoring the implementation.

Thanks for your replies.
I am confused between --analyze and scan-build. Both claim to be The Static Analyzer but they differ non-trivially in packaging, ease of use, fit to our workflow, and presentation of marvellously OTT annotated source. Do they, at least in principal, find the same set of issues?

What I meant to ask was whether much-prized functionality was being removed from --analyze.

Robert P.