[cfe-dev] clang with GNUStep on windows - compile error

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Fri Sep 24 08:59:00 PDT 2010

On Sep 24, 2010, at 8:07 AM, Rolf Banting wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Jim Grosbach <grosbach at apple.com> wrote:
>

> That's a compiler bug. Can you extract a test-case from your source?
>
> -Jim
>
> Glad to. Find attached the GNUStep makefile and source files.

(cc: cfe-dev)

Thanks!

The failure doesn't reproduce for me on Darwin with top-of-tree clang. (I did mock up a quick Divide_Result.h, though, so the file would build.)

Which version of clang are you using? If a previous release, it's possible this has been fixed since then.

If it does reproduce for you with top-of-tree clang, then there's something different on Windows that's exposing the errant behavior. In which case, we can try reproducing it via a bitcode file. To get that, run the command line that builds the calc.o file and add "-emit-llvm -o calc.bc" to it. That'll output a self-contained intermediate file we can use to try to reproduce the behavior elsewhere.

Regards,
  Jim