[cfe-dev] Building the Analyzer from Source

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Sep 24 07:38:27 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to build the static analyzer from source.  It says here:

<http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/installation#OtherPlatforms>

"the resultant clang binary will be in $(OBJDIR)/Debug+Asserts".  That
seems wrong, it should be $(OBJDIR)/Debug+Asserts/bin AFAICT.

I suspect the next paragraph is out of date too.  I cannot seem to find
where the scan-build and scan-view programs are built to.  Must one use
autotools or CMake or either for them to be built?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com