[cfe-dev] Toolset for clang in Windows under Boost

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Wed Sep 22 20:27:05 PDT 2010

On 9/22/2010 9:55 PM, Sebastian Redl wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2010, at 6:45 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>>
>> Then I will use the MingW headers when compiling clang. But I can not
>> believe that I would have had to build clang with MingW to do that.
>
> You don't have to. But it sets its default header search paths depending
> on the compiler you use to compile it,

That is a real surprise. I guess it was done to make things easier for
the end-user. I found nothing about this in the documentation.

> so if you want to use the MinGW
> headers with a VS-built Clang, you always have to specify the search
> path yourself. Or you can probably change a configuration option
> somewhere when building it.

If I can figure out where I can find documentation on the command line
options of clang, I will. I am guessing the command-line options are the
same as gcc 4.5 along with whatever is in the clang User's Manual under
Command Line Options.