[cfe-dev] clang-test failures under Visual Studio

Alistair Low alistair at codeplay.com
Wed Oct 20 09:37:20 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm having some problems with clang-test running under Visual Studio
2008 on Windows 7 (I'm not sure if the failures are specific to these
versions).

The test results I get are:
1>  Expected Passes    : 2449
1>  Expected Failures  : 27
1>  Unsupported Tests  : 3
1>  Unexpected Failures: 46

Within the 46 unexpected failures, there are two distinct problems. The
first is not finding standard header files:

1>C:\\prog\\llvm28\\bin\\tools\\clang\\test\\CodeGen\\Output\\lineno-dbginfo.c.tmp.h(1)
:  fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found
1>#include <stdio.h>

Running this test case manually on the command line with the command
from the output window works without error, so I assume this is related
to running inside Visual Studio, but my include directories seem to be
set up correctly.

The second problem category concerns redirecting the stdout stream:

1>fatal error: error invoking C:\prog\llvm28\bin\bin\Debug\clang.exe
-ccc-clang-cxx -fsyntax-only -Xclang -code-completion-at -Xclang
C:\prog\llvm28\tools\clang\test\Index\code-complete-errors.c:13:12
-Xclang -no-code-completion-debug-printer -Xclang
-code-completion-macros -fdiagnostics-binary
C:\prog\llvm28\tools\clang\test\Index\code-complete-errors.c -pedantic :
can't redirect stdoutAccess is denied.

Has anyone else experienced these problems? Any help would be much
appreciated.

Best regards,
Alistair Low