[cfe-dev] Circumventing ExecuteAction's initialization of SourceManager instance

Peter Collingbourne peter at pcc.me.uk
Wed Nov 10 09:57:23 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:48:04AM -0500, Garrison Venn wrote:
> That would be a nice simplification, although I did not look at the results of the patch
> just the patch file. I went git about a month ago for a non LLVM project, so I think
> when I have time I'll use your patch in a git version. Although I know that svn can work
> with git, and people have publicly available git repos, I've been nervous about
> mixing the two. I guess there are no issues when submitting patches?

Hi Garrison,

There are a number of git mirrors of the LLVM and Clang repositories
around, which I've used without issue to keep up to date with trunk.

Git produces standard diff format patches so you should be able to
apply the patch using "patch -p1".  This also makes things easier
for reviewers who might not be using git.

I'll apply the patch to trunk in a week unless there is an objection,
so you shouldn't need to apply it yourself unless you want to.

Thanks,
>--
Peter