[cfe-dev] clang with Python 3.1 release31-maint

Tony Arkles t.arkles+clang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 10:24:10 PST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Roman Divacky <rdivacky at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> It's slightly more involved, but you can continue your binary search
>> within a file by splitting it into two .c files, and moving functions
>> between them.
>
> what worked for me
>
> cat *.[ch] > foo.c
>
> edit until it compiles
>
> run delta (delta.tigris.org) with a test.sh thats basically like
[snip]

This results from doing this might take a few days.  I've tried a few
different approaches and have discovered that expat is probably a good
test case for "edge cases" :).  The two files I've narrowed it down to
are super complicated with piles of macros and #ifdefs everywhere...
Frankly, I'm not that surprised that something busts during the
compile process... (~7kloc between the two of them)

At any rate, multidelta (an alternative to the "cat *.[ch]"
suggestion, since doing that results in thousands of compile errors)
has problems with the source files -- it fails right after doing the
"topformflat" process before even trying to reduce.  And trying the
"manually separate the file into two .c files" process doesn't work so
well either because of all the macro definitions.

I'm going to try to take another stab at this tomorrow though.

Cheers, thanks everyone for the help