[cfe-dev] clang with Python 3.1 release31-maint

Roman Divacky rdivacky at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 3 10:14:02 PST 2010

> > Any advice for next steps?  I haven't really looked into the code
> > generation bits of clang/llvm yet, but I'm guessing that this will
> > involve comparing assembler output from gcc and clang? (Which I'm
> > comfortable with, but a bit concerned because xmlparse.c is a 6k line
> > file...)
>
> It's slightly more involved, but you can continue your binary search
> within a file by splitting it into two .c files, and moving functions
> between them.

what worked for me

cat *.[ch] > foo.c

edit until it compiles

run delta (delta.tigris.org) with a test.sh thats basically like

gcc foo.c -a.out && ./a.out test.py

if [ $? -eq 0 ];
 clang foo.c -o a.out
 if [ $? -eq 0 ];
   ./a.out test.py
   [ ! $? -eq 0 ]; && exit 0;
 fi
fi
exit 1

adjust to your needs but this general pattern should work mostly fine