[cfe-dev] Clang for ARM Cortex A9

Kiran V v.kiran at samsung.com
Tue Jun 29 04:11:46 PDT 2010

Hi,
Can I know why binutils is comming into picture. I will give the detailed
description of what we have done:

We downloaded the clang source code from
http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html and build clang compiler.
With this clang compiler we try to build the source code using the commands

clang -march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a9 -ccc-host-triple
arm-none-linux -ccc-gcc-name arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc  filename.c
(with relevant include and libraries).

To my knowledge binutils will be used  by gcc and not by clang.

regards,
Kiran.V