[cfe-dev] clang vs boost

Maurice Gittens mainmanmauricio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:14:33 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> wrote:

> I'm using a Mac, so my ~/user-config.jam contains:
>
> using darwin : 4.2.1 : clang++ ;
>
> which basically treats Clang like GCC with a funny name. It isn't perfect,
> because bjam inspects the output of
>
> clang++ -dumpversion
>
> and concludes that Clang is GCC 1.1 :)
>
> On non-darwin platforms, something like
>
> using gcc : 4.2.1 : clang++ ;
>
> should work.
>
> That all assumes that clang++ is in your path; otherwise, use a full
> pathname.
>
> Once we get more working, it's probably worth teaching bjam and
> Boost.Config about Clang. GCC emulation will only take us so far.

Thanks Doug. I'll try to get it running.

> BTW, did you mean to send your message to the cfe-dev list as well? Others
> might want to use bjam with clang.

I'm afraid that I inadvertently did not send the message to the list. Sorry,

Kind regards,
Maurice

PS: I just filed another boost related bug report and I (optimistically)
suspect that clang++ will be close to compiling
100% of boost when the boost-bugs I submitted get fixed up. Maybe I need to
try to fix one of them :)