[cfe-dev] clang vs boost

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Tue Jan 12 14:15:21 PST 2010

On Jan 12, 2010, at 1:43 PM, Maurice Gittens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I decided to see how well clang++ currently does at compiling
> boost.headers on my linux box.
> So I took all the files from /usr/include/boost and compiled them.
> In my test it turns out that clang successfully compiled about 80%
> of the boost headers.

Very cool. Just for kicks, I ran the testsuite for Boost.MPL, and
we're passing all but 4 tests there. Not bad!

To tackle Boost, it's worth starting with the regression tests for the
lowest-level libraries and working upward. We're not going to get it
all in one shot, and it's best to grow the set of libraries that works
over time.

	- Doug