[cfe-dev] Python/CIndex include file support

Andrew Sutton andrew.n.sutton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:36:05 PST 2010

> Sorry I haven't had time to look at this yet. I'll try to get to it by
> the weekend.

No rush.

> One immediate comment though, I would prefer to not expose this via a
> property. I prefer to use functions (get_includes or so) for features
> which require significant work, and only use properties for things
> which are logically O(1). Otherwise the API tends to give the wrong
> mental model of what is going on under the covers.

I was back and forth on that issue.  Also, I'm not fully convinced that the
returning tuples is the right thing to do. It might be better to create a
class called "Inclusion" that explicitly names the including file, included
file, location, depth, etc.

Also, on the CIndex side, is there a plan to support a max-depth on that
traversal? It's easy enough to emulate from the Python side, but it wouldn't
actually bound the traversal.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton at gmail.com