[cfe-dev] Extra #defines for Windows SDK 6.0a/VS2008

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Fri Aug 6 11:16:32 PDT 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 10:55 AM, Francois Pichet wrote:
> This is required to parse MFC/ATL header. A large percentage of
> Windows C++ applications depend on those. Just the core system headers
> I am not sure yet.

Unfortunately, MFC definitely counts as a system header.  I don't know Windows
programming well;  I was hoping that those classes wouldn't be heavily templated.
If you can get us test cases, we can try to design something that won't frightfully
abuse the rest of the system.  Maybe we can get away with setting the default to
have an opt-in set of permissively-parsed templates.

I guess we were lucky with GCC compatibility because the system headers are
predominantly C (+ Objective C on Darwin).  We do actually have problems with
certain versions of the Qt headers, I think, but it's easier to discount those as
non-system.

John.