[cfe-dev] AltiVec support with remarks considered

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon Apr 12 18:12:40 PDT 2010

On Apr 5, 2010, at 8:13 PM, Anton Yartsev wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Attached are the header and the patch giving support for all the predicates and a portion of another AltiVec functions. The test is also attached.
> 'altivec.h' is now included implicitly when '-faltivec' option is set. Only vital builtins are handled by clang, others are supported via header.
> Please review.

Hi Anton,

I have no opinion or background to decide if this implements the feature properly, but the patch itself looks great to me.

One minor change though: please remove __builtin_altivec_abs_v4sf.  Instead of having the builtin, you can just implement vec_abs with the corresponding expanded code in the header.  Feel free to apply the patch (or resend and I'll apply) with that change.

Thanks!

-Chris