[cfe-dev] <vector> parse but cannot be instanciated

Cédric Venet cedric.venet at laposte.net
Wed Sep 16 01:28:49 PDT 2009

Hi,

I tried to compile my simple test:

#define __declspec
#include <vector>

int main() {
  std::vector<int> v;
  return 0;
}

and for the first time the include of <vector> work (ie no parsing
error), good. (note that I am using clang on windows with the mingw
3.4.5 headers and that the define __declspec is needed. perhaps it
should be added to  the predefined macro? as clang support the dllimport
attribute)

now, the instanciation of the vector assert:

Assertion failed: false && "Unable to find declaration for the current
instantiation", file
..\..\..\..\..\tools\clang\lib\Sema\SemaTemplateInstantiateDecl.cpp,
line 1411

(I suppose this is know, but if not, I attached the zipped preprocessed
output (clang-cc -E))

anyways, great work!

regards,

Cédric