[cfe-dev] inlined&multi-thread CFG generation?

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Fri Sep 11 09:11:15 PDT 2009

On Sep 10, 2009, at 7:58 PM, zhunan wrote:

> 1.I try to make use of clang-cc's function on CFG generation,I found
> that it generates CFGs for each function seperately,but not combining
> them together to be a complete CFG for the whole program
>
> clang-cc has such a function?

Hi Zhunan,

There are no plans to create a whole program CFG (or at least convert
the current CFG implementation to being a whole program CFG, something
of that nature could certainly be built on top of it).  The
infrastructure for whole program analysis will be implemented by
layering other supporting data structures on top of CFGs.  Please see
my other email for more explanation behind this decision.

> 2.clang-cc can't not regconize a program written by C+some multi-
> thread
> library(e.g. pthread),it means that, the generated CFG can't reflect
> the
> parallel charactor of the program,so,it seems to very useful for
> analysis a multi-thread program.

I'm entirely certain what you mean.  Could you clarify a little more?

Cheers,
Ted