[cfe-dev] Clang - Getting Started

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:10:50 PDT 2009

clang-cc is the compiler front-end, and clang is the compiler driver.  After
a full make (or Visual Studio) build, both should be present among the
generated executables.  You might want to put the executable directory in
your path, however (at least on Windows, which is what I use).  On Windows
they are in llvm\bin\debug.  I forget where they are on Linux.

-John

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Juan Carlos Martinez Santos <
juanc.martinez.santos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am following the Getting Starte steps... but I have some questions:
>

>    1. (step 6) I got just "clang"... but in the web site appears
>    "clang-cc"
>    2. What can I expect when I use -fsyntax-only (check for correctness),
>    I tried several errores, but I did not get anything
>    3. When I used -emit-llvm (print out unoptimized llvm code), I got the
>    following error:<clang: error: 'i386-pc-linux-gnu': unable to pass LLVM
>    bit-code files to linker> What could be the error? I just followed the
>    instructions.
>
> I need to mention that I did not run the step 5. I am not interested on C++
> (for now)
>
> --
> Juan Carlos

John Thompson