[cfe-dev] Results of the FreeBSD Ports build with CC=clang

रजनीश rdogra at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 2 10:23:51 PDT 2009

>> -O4: You could patch the packages, although I'm slightly hesitant to
>> suggest that... anyone have any better suggestions?
>
> This is tricky.  I wonder if there is some magic that the clang driver
> can do for -O4 when the linker doesn't support LTO?

FYI,

Issue is that second -O4 is being picked up and the first one is not
ignored.
So you have duplicate optimization arguments being passed along with
greater than 4.
Either it should be duplicate error or second one should be ignored
that is probably what gcc is doing.
cc -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -O4 -I/src -DVAD1 -std=gnu99 -fstack-
protector -c sp_enc.c
cc: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-O2'

cc -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -O6 -Wall -W -pedantic -c stmpclean.c
cc: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-O2'
clang-cc: for the -O option: : '6' invalid optimization level! ***
Error code 1

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/e.8-exp.20090507142441/amrcoder-1.0.log
http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/e.8-exp.20090507142441/stmpclean-0.3.log