[cfe-dev] RFC: Clang test runner changes

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 15:48:08 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Daniel Dunbar<daniel at zuster.org> wrote:
>  - Implement the execution of RUN lines internally to the tool. The
> format will probably become a bit more strict, instead of "sh" format.
> The runner can then start to validate the lines, for example to ensure
> that only certain tools are called (clang-cc, count, not, FileCheck,
> etc.). The runner can then also implement certain features internally
> (like grep).

Hmm, actually, there's something seriously screwy with the testrunner
at the moment: we don't actually support not and count, but tests
using them still manage to pass.  I was just experimenting a bit with
not creating .script files, and somehow reading the commands from
stdin changes the relevant behavior.  (The other issue with reading
the commands from stdin is that it appears to trigger some sort of
thread safety bug, but that isn't really relevant if you're planning
on rewriting the code.)

-Eli