[cfe-dev] ccc -g

David Chisnall csdavec at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 13:23:07 PST 2009

On 4 Feb 2009, at 18:45, Daniel Dunbar wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I think you are using the old ccc (utils/ccc); could you try with the
> new ccc (tools/ccc/ccc) and see if you have better results?

Yes, I was.  Last time I tried tools/ccc/ccc it didn't work at all.
Seems to be a bit better now...

> I see:
> --
> ddunbar at frank:CodeGen$ ~/llvm/tools/clang/tools/ccc/ccc -### -S -g -g
> -g -x c /dev/null
> ccc: Unknown host 'linux', using generic host information.
> ccc version 1.0
> "clang" "-S" "--disable-fp-elim" "--nozero-initialized-in-bss" "-g"
> "-o" "null.s" "-x" "c" "/dev/null"
> --
>
> Feel free to file any problems you have with the new ccc in bugzilla.

It seems to work.  Now I'm getting a weird failure with clang thinking
that a function declared as:

const char *
gs_skip_type_qualifier_and_layout_info (const char *types)

should compile to:

declare i32 @gs_skip_type_qualifier_and_layout_info(i8*, i8*)

I'll see if I can work out what is going on there...

David