[cfe-dev] Compiling emacs on Mac OS X

Filipe Cabecinhas filcab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 09:22:11 PST 2009

Hi all!

I'm trying to compile emacs on Mac OS X using clang but I may have hit a
bug...

clang on linux compiles it well (not exactly the same config, though).

clang on Mac OS X, compiling the console or the Cocoa version always creates
a defective temacs (something akin to a "stage 1 emacs"), which always blows
up with a Bus Error.

Any clues on how to approach this to find out what the bug is? One ideia
(from IRC) was to try compiling only one .c filewith clang... Anyone knows a
tool which tests the files one at the time? There are lots of .c linked in
temacs...

Regards,