[cfe-dev] stddef doesn't support for wint_t at windows mingw.

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 12:05:33 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 5:34 AM, 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)<luoyonggang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Once I compiled clang+llvm by mingw or msvc.
> I set the environment.
> And I calling the command clang hello.c -o hello.exe
> But it's doesn't working. Because It's can't find out the stddef.h.
> And this file is placed at  Headers. And this path "path/Headers" is
> not add to the default path of mingw.
> So I need to call it like this
>  clang hello.c -ID:/clang/Headers -o hello.exe

I'm sorry, it's extremely difficult to follow this description, but
essentially, clang isn't finding its headers?  Can you provide the
output of something like "clang -v hello.c"?

> But it's tell me the don't know the identifier wint_t.
> And I found the in the mingw c runtime headers. It's doesn't define wint_t.
> So I need to define wint_t in stddef.h.

wint_t?  stddef.h isn't supposed to define wint_t; it's supposed to be
defined in wchar.h.  If gcc's stddef.h really does define wint_t on
MinGW , though, we have no choice but to follow, I guess...

-Eli