[cfe-dev] ObjC AST cleanup...

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Thu Dec 18 19:28:58 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:30 PM, steve naroff <snaroff at apple.com> wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2008, at 9:05 PM, Daniel Dunbar wrote:
>> One simple question, would it be better to call ObjCClassImplDecl
>> ObjCInterfaceImplDecl?
>
> It's unclear if this is better. @interface is used for both classes and
> categories (so ObjCInterfaceImplDecl is more ambiguous).
>
> From my perspective, ObjCClassImplDecl is more precise. We could have
> ObjCClassInterfaceImplDecl and ObjCCategoryInterfaceImplDecl, however that's
> getting a little verbose/bizarre:-)

Makes sense. And I guess we don't want to call ObjCInterfaceDecl
ObjCClassDecl since that collides for our name for the @class node,
unless we renamed that to ObjCForwardClassDecl (which would, however,
be consistent with ObjCForwardProtocolDecl).

> I think using containers for methods and properties makes sense (though I
> need to think a bit more about ObjCPropertyContainerDecl...I agree it would
> be nice to eliminate it).
>
> I hope to get around to this type of cleanup soon...

Great, thanks for taking this on, I think it will make the ObjC AST
nodes much more pleasant to work with.

 - Daniel