[cfe-dev] Colorized compiler errors

Sean Middleditch sean at awesomeplay.com
Sat Dec 22 12:30:29 PST 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 12:20 -0800, Shantonu Sen wrote:
> Seems like it would have to be significantly more complex to know what
> escape sequences to use (eg by looking at $TERM).

Probably best to just use curses as an option for colorizing text.  Then
it'll just work on almost every system.

Alternatively, I'm not personally aware of any system in use that LLVM
actually supports or plans to support that doesn't use the ANSI/VT100
color codes, so you could just go with that and make sure it can be
easily disabled just in case.