[clang] 8b0127c - [Clang][OpenMP][NFC] Add test for `class-type` data members as loop counters (#228831)

via cfe-commits cfe-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sun Oct 4 06:13:34 PDT 2026


Author: Akash Manna
Date: 2026-10-04T13:13:27Z
New Revision: 8b0127c14e18f5856afbc2cc61461e2ab7e67609

URL: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/8b0127c14e18f5856afbc2cc61461e2ab7e67609
DIFF: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/8b0127c14e18f5856afbc2cc61461e2ab7e67609.diff

LOG: [Clang][OpenMP][NFC] Add test for `class-type` data members as loop counters (#228831)

Fixes #140243

An OpenMP loop whose init assigns to a data member of class type, like
`for (a = x; ...)` with `I<int> a`, crashed in
`OpenMPIterationSpaceChecker::checkAndSetInit`. Such an assignment is an
`operator=` call, so it goes through the `CXXOperatorCallExpr` branch,
and two of the `setLCDeclAndLB` calls there took the bound from `BO`,
the `BinaryOperator` cast that had already failed and is null at that
point. The invalid code in the report is not needed: a valid loop over
an iterator-typed data member crashed the same way.

#203252 replaced those `BO->getRHS()` uses with `CE->getArg(1)` as part
of another fix, so the crash is gone on trunk and no source change is
needed. This PR only adds a regression test so the issue can be closed.

Added: 
    

Modified: 
    clang/test/OpenMP/parallel_for_loop_messages.cpp

Removed: 
    


################################################################################
diff  --git a/clang/test/OpenMP/parallel_for_loop_messages.cpp b/clang/test/OpenMP/parallel_for_loop_messages.cpp
index 0b755f7411748..644dfed66cc79 100644
--- a/clang/test/OpenMP/parallel_for_loop_messages.cpp
+++ b/clang/test/OpenMP/parallel_for_loop_messages.cpp
@@ -629,3 +629,42 @@ void test_loop_firstprivate_lastprivate() {
   for (int i = 0; i < 16; ++i)
     ;
 }
+
+namespace GH140243 {
+template <typename T>
+class I { };
+struct R { R () {}; ~R () {}; I<int> r; };
+struct T { T () {}; virtual ~T () {}; I<int> t; };
+// expected-note at +1 {{A defined here}}
+struct A : public R, virtual public T { A () {} I<int> a; void m1 (const I<int> &, const I<int> &); };
+
+// expected-error at +1 {{out-of-line definition of 'm1' does not match any declaration in 'GH140243::A'}}
+void A::m1 (const I<int> &x)
+{
+  int w = 0;
+// expected-error at +5 {{invalid operands to binary expression ('I<int>' and 'int')}}
+// expected-error at +4 {{cannot increment value of type 'I<int>'}}
+// expected-error at +3 {{condition of OpenMP for loop must be a relational comparison}}
+// expected-error at +2 {{increment clause of OpenMP for loop must perform simple addition or subtraction on loop variable 'a'}}
+  #pragma omp parallel for reduction(|:w)
+  for (a = x; A::a < 10; a++)
+    w |= (1 << *A::a); // expected-error {{indirection requires pointer operand ('I<int>' invalid)}}
+}
+
+struct B {
+  GoodIter it;
+  void m1(GoodIter begin, GoodIter end);
+};
+
+void B::m1(GoodIter begin, GoodIter end) {
+#pragma omp parallel for
+  for (it = begin; it < end; ++it)
+    ;
+#pragma omp parallel for
+  for (this->it = begin; B::it < end; ++B::it)
+    ;
+#pragma omp parallel for private(it)
+  for (it = begin; it < end; ++it)
+    ;
+}
+}


        


More information about the cfe-commits mailing list