[clang] [compiler-rt] [llvm] Add SuperH (1-4a) target (PR #181287)

Alex Rønne Petersen via cfe-commits cfe-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 19 14:59:42 PDT 2026


================
@@ -80,6 +80,8 @@ class Triple {
     riscv64,     // RISC-V (64-bit, little endian): riscv64
     riscv32be,   // RISC-V (32-bit, big endian): riscv32be
     riscv64be,   // RISC-V (64-bit, big endian): riscv64be
+    sh,          // SuperH (big endian): sh
+    shl,         // SuperH (little endian): shl
----------------
alexrp wrote:

> That would break Debian which configures packages with `--host=sh4-linux-gnu`.

I'm suggesting that Debian use `--host=sh4el-linux-gnu` (or similar), which would work with both compilers and is unambiguous. As far as I can tell from a quick GCC build, the GNU toolchain has no problems with that triple.

(Of course, I'm not expecting the whole distro -- multiarch tuple and all -- to migrate to that. That'd be a lot of pain for questionable benefit.)

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/181287


More information about the cfe-commits mailing list