[clang] [llvm] [SystemZ, Clang] Enable verification of int args extensions by default. (PR #223755)
Nikita Popov via cfe-commits
cfe-commits at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 17 01:56:11 PDT 2026
nikic wrote:
> One solution would be to add a zext attribute to the boolean arg with CreateCall(), and maybe that is preferred, but there are however many cases of this, so if this could be considered an internal function (and detected in the backend check as such), there would be no need. If tysan.cpp is guaranteed to be compiled with clang, I think it is safe to ignore this, as long as we don't rely on those extention attributes ourselves. I think this is the case after the move of compiler-rt from ENABLE_PROJECTS to ENABLE_RUNTIMES, but I am not sure that it is not possible to use another build configuration.
Are you suggesting that these functions should use a custom ABI without extension? I don't think we want to go there. And no, you can't assume that compiler-rt is built with Clang.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/223755
More information about the cfe-commits
mailing list