[clang] [llvm] [clang][flang][omp] Always generate a kernel environment (PR #223772)

Alex Duran via cfe-commits cfe-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 16 06:20:15 PDT 2026


adurang wrote:

> The problem with `ompx_bare` is I think the intention was that it would create something ABI compatible with other kernel languages. Emitting a dyn_ptr there would change the ABI.

Then we need to keep the handling for when the kernel environment is not available in #222606.  I personally don't mind one way or another tbh as long as we reach a resolution. As I see it we can:

1. Do not touch code generation and handle both host and bare in libomptarget special handling.
2. Ensure a kernel environment is generated always (current). Remove all special handling from libomptarget.
3. Do half here: just generate for host, but not bare. Keep the special handling in libomptarget but don't handle the host there.

Which is more amenable to you?

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/223772


More information about the cfe-commits mailing list