[clang-tools-extra] [clang-tidy] Fix crash in readability-identifier-naming with forward-… (PR #219769)
Anurag Gupta via cfe-commits
cfe-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sun Aug 30 06:33:13 PDT 2026
anuragGupta08 wrote:
> Also I noticed that someone is already working on the issue: #219781
Thanks for flagging this, @zeyi2, for context/timeline: I started digging into this crash before I noticed it was assigned to anyone (this was my first time contributing to LLVM, so I wasn't familiar with the assignment convention yet). I worked through the root cause myself — AST dump, clang++ -fsyntax-only, then GDB to get the actual crash backtrace (CXXBasePaths::lookupInBases → CXXRecordDecl::hasMemberName → IdentifierNamingCheck::findStyleKind) — and once I had a fix and a passing regression test, I opened the PR.
I'm genuinely happy to close this in favor of #219781 if that PR already has this covered, or if you/the other contributor would prefer that. Either way, this was a great learning experience for me regardless of outcome — first real GDB debugging session on a codebase this size, first LLVM PR, first time actually going through lit/FileCheck test infra. So thank you for the pointer, and let me know how you'd like to handle it.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/219769
More information about the cfe-commits
mailing list