[clang] [clang][modules] Cache failed stats of additional module maps (PR #215964)
via cfe-commits
cfe-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 12 23:29:56 PDT 2026
llvmorg-github-actions[bot] wrote:
<!--LLVM PR SUMMARY COMMENT-->
@llvm/pr-subscribers-clang-modules
Author: Jan Svoboda (jansvoboda11)
<details>
<summary>Changes</summary>
The additional module maps stored in PCMs are just regular input files that are not expected to change during compilation. There's no reason to disable failure caching in the `FileManager` for them.
---
Full diff: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/215964.diff
1 Files Affected:
- (modified) clang/lib/Serialization/ASTReader.cpp (+1-1)
``````````diff
diff --git a/clang/lib/Serialization/ASTReader.cpp b/clang/lib/Serialization/ASTReader.cpp
index 0cb44da23d855..bd01861a8c609 100644
--- a/clang/lib/Serialization/ASTReader.cpp
+++ b/clang/lib/Serialization/ASTReader.cpp
@@ -4794,7 +4794,7 @@ ASTReader::ReadModuleMapFileBlock(RecordData &Record, ModuleFile &F,
for (unsigned I = 0, N = Record[Idx++]; I < N; ++I) {
// FIXME: we should use input files rather than storing names.
std::string Filename = ReadPath(F, Record, Idx);
- auto SF = FileMgr.getOptionalFileRef(Filename, false, false);
+ auto SF = FileMgr.getOptionalFileRef(Filename);
if (!SF) {
if (!canRecoverFromOutOfDate(F.FileName, ClientLoadCapabilities))
Error("could not find file '" + Filename +"' referenced by AST file");
``````````
</details>
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/215964
More information about the cfe-commits
mailing list