[clang-tools-extra] [Clang-doc] Display enum comments in HTML (PR #183085)

Samrudh Nelli via cfe-commits cfe-commits at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 6 11:04:35 PST 2026


SamrudhNelli wrote:

> If its very simple and obvious to do, then I'd prefer to do it here (an atomic change), since its still all clang-doc code. To be clear, I'm not suggesting you change clang and the actual parser. I'm suggesting you modify either our AST visitor or some of the info processing stages, like serialization. But like I said, if its not simple and obvious how to do that, it can be delayed. A TODO is a good policy for such cleanups. I'd use a slightly more accurate message though, since you won't be modifying the parser (or AST), just mildly processing the comments as we store them.

As per my understanding of the codebase, we use `parse()` provided by the AST library. And since `getComment` in Mapper.cpp returns a FullComment, I modified `visitTextComment()` in Serialize.cpp. Is that right?
Could you let me know if there is a better point before this where I can trim() the comment, without altering the AST?

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/183085


More information about the cfe-commits mailing list