[cfe-commits] PATCH: Better handle overloaded functions in typo correction

Kaelyn Uhrain rikka at google.com
Mon Aug 1 16:25:58 PDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Kaelyn Uhrain <rikka at google.com> wrote:
>> Here's an updated version of my patch to add function overload resolution
>> to the typo correction, eliminating one of the ways that Sema::CorrectTypo
>> returns a non-keyword correction without a corresponding NamedDecl. It
>> incorporates all of the changes and feedback from
>> http://codereview.appspot.com/4747047. Given it's been almost two weeks
>> since I sent out the first version and over a week since I made changes
>> based on Chandler's last feedback (I was hoping he'd get a chance to look at
>> those changes, but he's been swamped), I'd appreciate it of someone could
>> give it a once-over and let me know whether it is ready for submission.
> I've made a few additional comments, but my primary concern with this patch
> is the representation of KeywordDecl. I think playing fast and loose with
> magical pointer values is going to come back to bite us. If we can't use
> 'NULL' as the magical pointer value, we should find some more robust way to
> represent a keyword in the correction results.
> I'd certainly appreciate ideas from dgregor and any others on the list on
> the best way to represent that.
> To make it easier for others to review, can you attach the latest patch to
> the email thread?

The use of a special non-NULL value for the CorrectionDecl* was needed when
the TypoCorrection stored just one NamedDecl pointer to avoid an extra
internal boolean flag and a bunch of handling for it, but is unneeded now
that TypoCorrection stores a list of NamedDecl pointers (can now do empty
list vs NULL first element). I've attached the updated patch for real this
time--sorry for accidentally sending my previous email with a missing

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-commits/attachments/20110801/e281dc91/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: typo-correction-overload3.diff
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 12887 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-commits/attachments/20110801/e281dc91/attachment.diff>

More information about the cfe-commits mailing list