[Openmp-dev] [llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] [3.9 Release] Release plan and call for testers

Michael Kuperstein via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 13 10:30:52 PDT 2016

It would probably better for whoever wrote this text to pipe in, but I
think the idea is that (X+1).0 is supposed to be a kind of a "bridge"
release.

That is, if you have legacy IR files that contain dropped features, or if
the IR format changed significantly, you can still use the (X+1).0
auto-upgrade (which may be fairly complex) to read them, but this
auto-upgrade complexity may be dropped in (X+1).1.
I'm not completely sure this makes sense, but this is how I've always
understood it.