[Openmp-dev] [llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] [3.9 Release] Release plan and call for testers

Renato Golin via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 13 10:47:03 PDT 2016

On 13 June 2016 at 18:30, Michael Kuperstein <mkuper at google.com> wrote:
> It would probably better for whoever wrote this text to pipe in, but I think
> the idea is that (X+1).0 is supposed to be a kind of a "bridge" release.

That rings a bell... but I have to be honest, it's weird...

Now, well, as Rafael said originally, our policy doesn't state how
long we can go (3.10, 3.11 or 3.9 -> 4.0), nor it does *require* that
we change the ABI on (X+1). FWIW, the Linux kernel seems to be going
that way, too.

Whatever works, but it would be good to choose something based on
consensus and document.

cheers,
--renato