[Openmp-dev] [lldb-dev] What version comes after 3.9? (Was: [3.9 Release] Release plan and call for testers)

Rafael EspĂ­ndola via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 14 03:02:08 PDT 2016

.

> To clarify my point: I don't have a particular opinion about bumping the
major number for whatever other reason than breaking the compatibility, but
I'd probably suggest that we rewrite the compatibility policy to say
something like "The current LLVM version support loading any bitcode since
version 3.0".

But then what is the promise for how long 3.0 is supported? We really
should not imply that it will always be supported.

Cheers,
Rafael