[Openmp-dev] Removing extra files copy

Cownie, James H james.h.cownie at intel.com
Tue Mar 10 10:39:18 PDT 2015

OK, but your patch removes other copies that are moving target specific things, like the runtime library that was just built.

Here...
-simple_copy_recipe("${lib_file}"       "${build_dir}"  "${export_lib_dir}")
-simple_copy_recipe("${imp_file}"       "${build_dir}"  "${export_lib_dir}")
-simple_copy_recipe("${pdb_file}"       "${build_dir}"  "${export_lib_dir}")
-simple_copy_recipe("${dbg_file}"       "${build_dir}"  "${export_lib_dir}")

What's happening here isn't really an "install" target, since that normally moves things to wherever they need to be in the machine's file system so that everyone can see them. What's happening here is that we're moving the necessary files to somewhere so that they can be packaged into a distribution.

If you remove these copy operations then you won't be able easily to package the result.

So, I'm nervous about taking this patch as is, since it seems to remove functionality that is required.

I would argue that the root of the problem is that you shouldn’t be building multiple architectures into the same target directory at the same time, not that the cmake file is copying files that the user will need into that directory.

-- Jim

James Cownie <james.h.cownie at intel.com>
SSG/DPD/TCAR (Technical Computing, Analyzers and Runtimes)