[Openmp-dev] Another four independent patches

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Mon Jan 26 08:59:13 PST 2015

----- Original Message -----

LGTM.

> 2) group_affinity.patch -- This replaces #if KMP_OS_WINDOWS &&
> KMP_ARCH_X86_64 or any combination of those two options with the
> feature macro KMP_GROUP_AFFINITY. This also adds some new Windows
> processor groups trace messages and enables a cpuid leaf 4 check for
> non-MIC x86 architectures.

LGTM. This should really be multiple patches as far as I can tell (the CPUID change, the ifdef changes with some reformatting, and the new trace messages), please commit them separately. Also, we generally don't require pre-commit review for adding new useful debugging output.

> 3) remove_svn_revision_date.patch – Although this seems like a lot of
> changes it is just removing the $Revision and $Date svn variables
> from the top of all the source files. Even though it touches
> numerous files, it should not interfere with any current
> development.

LGTM (Thanks!)

> 4) unused_vars_removed.patch – This patch removes some unused
> variables (__kmp_ht_*) and changes__kmp_ncores and
> __kmp_nThreadsPerCore to static globals within kmp_affinity.cpp.

Removing unused variables never requires pre-commit review. Making __kmp_nThreadsPerCore static, now that that's possible, falls into the same category. LGTM.

 -Hal