[Openmp-dev] On Improving the Build System revisited

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Fri May 30 05:30:50 PDT 2014

On 30/05/2014 15:18, Jack Howarth wrote:
>     Has anyone started on integrating the openmp build into the llvm
> build yet? If not, I would suggest we start by borrowing the build
> machinery files from polly as the starting point. Like polly, openmp
> provides a support library for the compiler and should be built in the
> tools subdirectory..

Polly is completely different to the OpenMP runtime. Polly uses LLVM
libraries, and can be seen as part of the compilation host toolchain,
while this is an independent runtime library that runs on the target. So
the build systems are tangential.

> Also, the polly cmake  and autogen directories are fairly spartan so
> they should be easy to refashion for openmp.

There's a simple CMake setup on one of the GitHub branches of this
project, C. Bergström may know better if they can be contributed. Either
way that's closer to what's needed here.

Alp.

>            Jack

http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts