[llvm-foundation] Minimum Requirement Infrastructure

Simon Whittaker via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 18 08:04:29 PDT 2016

Hi all,

> For that reason, I propose that the Foundation should set some funds
> to have x86_64 machines (cloud instances are fine)

At PlayStation we already have some remote engineers using Ubuntu on EC2 as
their main build environment.  At the level you've suggested (one build per
day) the minimum requirements testing is probably something I can fit in to
our existing cloud usage (thus minimizing any cost to the foundation), I'm
happy to investigate that possibility in parallel with any conversation you
have on llvm-dev.

> easy to have a Windows machine in the same way,

This was on my list to explore too but I expect this will be harder to
configure, I'm happy to look into this too and report back.

Thanks,

Simon