[llvm-dev] Work on DAG Isel for TableGen and compiler

Thomas Lively via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 18 10:55:26 PST 2020

Hi Paul,

I think this would be time well spent. At least in the WebAssembly backend,
the vast majority of our ISel work is still done with DAG ISel. I know this
is different from the performance work you have in mind, but one of my
biggest pain points working on LLVM so far has been the poor error messages
from the DAG ISel pattern type checker. If you could find time to improve
those error messages, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks,

Thomas