[llvm-dev] Writing loop transformations on the right representation is more productive

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jan 25 17:35:53 PST 2020

Am Di., 21. Jan. 2020 um 18:52 Uhr schrieb Prashanth N R
<prashanth.nr at gmail.com>:
> We have written multiple Loop Nest Optimizers (in LLVM) in past five years.  We sent a talk proposal to LLVM developer meeting in 2017. It was rejected. From the review comment it looked like polly was the preferred path for Loop Nest Optimization. Hope it is not the case any more.

We made some effort into mainstreaming Polly by integrating it into
the main repository. There were some hurdles in there, one of the
largest being that it relies on an external library written in C.
Others are that it requires well-formed IR to do anything and may
significantly increase compile time.  My proposal is intended to be a
solution for these problems.

Michael