[llvm-dev] Writing loop transformations on the right representation is more productive

Prashanth N R via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 21 20:52:41 PST 2020

Hi Michael-

Liked your proposal and hope that it gets implemented in MLIR. Linearized
IR of LLVM is not suitable for LNO.

We have written multiple Loop Nest Optimizers (in LLVM) in past five
years.  We sent a talk proposal to LLVM developer meeting in 2017. It was
rejected. From the review comment it looked like polly was the preferred
path for Loop Nest Optimization. Hope it is not the case any more.

thanks,
-Prashanth