[llvm-dev] [PITCH] Improvements to LLVM Decision Making

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 14 22:58:33 PST 2020

Hi Everyone,

Numerous people have been bringing up challenges with consensus driven decision making in the LLVM community.  After considering this and seeing the frustrations it is causing many people, I think we should make a formal process change to help improve decision making going forward.

Here is the outline of the draft proposal <https://gist.github.com/lattner/e3679998a7609c99b1243f09d30f0132>.  Caveats: this is itself just a draft proposal to inspire discussion not a mandate - I welcome feedback, thoughts and concerns, ideas of how to make this better, or better ideas/approaches overall on how we can level up the community.

Please let me know what you think, thanks!

-Chris