[llvm-dev] EuroLLVM'20: Diversity and Inclusion in Compilers and Tools workshop announcement

David Chisnall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 20 01:39:04 PST 2020

Hi Arnaud,

The keynote speaker at the WiCT workshop at the US DevMeeting (whose
excellent talk still does not appear to be online) began her talk by
asking why it was not part of the main program and was instead part of a
segregated session.  No one in the room had a good answer and everyone I
spoke to agreed that it was an excellent question and the feedback to
the Foundation from the event was to incorporate these as tracks or
keynotes in the main event in the future.

So I now have the same question: why, if we want to foster an inclusive
community, are we segregating people who are giving talks about inclusion?

David