[llvm-dev] Code of Conduct Next Steps - Community feedback needed

Alex Denisov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 18 02:31:02 PST 2020

Hello everyone,

Tanya, thank you for putting the documents together, highly appreciated!

Both documents mention meetup organizers, so I think it makes sense to include them into the conversation explicitly, as not everyone may follow this discussion.
I'm cc'ing Arnaud as I think he is the right person to share the message.

Another point: both documents mention that meetup organizers should be contacted first, which is, imho, not the best option.
The meetup platform is a poor choice when it comes to communication (I missed some messages couple of times). Additionally, not every user group is hosted on meetup.com <http://meetup.com/>.
This implies that we should store contacts of organizers somewhere in a public space, which may not fit every organizer. Also, the contacts should be maintained and updated in a timely manner (e.g. an organizer stepped down, another organizer joined, etc.).
With this in mind, I'd suggest that reports are always sent to the conduct at llvm.org <mailto:conduct at llvm.org>, and from there distributed to the organizers if needed.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Alex.