[llvm-dev] Code of Conduct Next Steps - Community feedback needed

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 18 07:52:26 PST 2020

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 10:31, Alex Denisov via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> With this in mind, I'd suggest that reports are always sent to the conduct at llvm.org, and from there distributed to the organizers if needed.

+1 to routing *everything* through a single entry point. The three
documents are already confusing enough with dates and processes, etc.

Related question: is this email going to a person, a group or a
ticketing system?

I'd strongly suggest we have a ticketing system. This way we can track
everything, update cc lists, create subgroups to handle requests, hide
access from CoC members, if they're involved, etc. These systems also
make it very easy to follow up, add resolutions, documents, links,
comments from committee members, closure type, etc. This makes
creating a report at the end of the year much easier.

It's really hard to do any that with groups (CC all-minus-person, have
some dropbox for evidence, track email body for keywords), and the
information will be lost, or at least, stored in a very confusing and
decentralised way. Worse still, when people leave the committee (or
the project), all that information, potentially including confidential
personal data, will be laying around in their mail servers.

I'd very strongly suggest this doesn't fall into a single person, for
obvious reasons. Even though there could be usually a single person
handling the requests, there should always be other people copied on
every new request.

cheers,
--renato