[llvm-dev] [RFC] Usage of NDEBUG as a guard for non-assert debug code

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 9 10:15:21 PDT 2020

+1 for Release+Asserts.  It builds faster, runs faster, and still has all the sanity checking, so it works very well for my edit-build-test cycle.
It’s also the default mode for our (Sony’s) internal testing, because we want the sanity checking while we run tests but we also don’t want the testing to take 10-20x longer.
And despite being a debug-info expert, I basically never use the debugger on Clang or its tools; existing logging and printfs I put in myself have been enough.
--paulr