[llvm-dev] Interpreter and arithmetic overflow intrinsics

Sorav Bansal via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 23 20:53:11 PDT 2019

Thanks Philip for your response!

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 3:50 AM Philip Reames <listmail at philipreames.com> wrote:

> To my knowledge, the IR interpeter has not been actively maintained for
> several years.  Fixing this particular issue would be straight forward,
> and your certainly welcome to contribute a patch, but I'd suggest taking
> a step back and asking why you want to use the IR interpreter at all.
> What use case are you solving? There may be a better option available.

I am interested in running a 32-bit bitcode file (target triple
i386-unknown-linux-gnu) with custom instrumentation that tracks the
computed values (e.g., it logs them to a file) and also compares them
to an existing log.  I have already implemented the instrumentation
logic as a part of the LLI interpreter, but am now facing this issue
with unsupported intrinsics.  Do you have any suggestions on how to do
this better?

thanks!

Sorav